The “aETS” project is an 18 months Strategic Partnership organised by organisations from Poland, the UK, Italy and Bulgaria.
The project seeks to support adult educators, extending and developing the competences of educators and other personnel who support adult learners and well as to promote open education and innovative practices in a digital era.
The ETS methodology intends exclusively to use sport as educational tool. This is why components such as education, mentorship, skills, training, reflection and intervention, not directly related to sport, remain very important and have to be taken into consideration when sport is used for an educational purpose.
All of these elements play a significant role in the learning process. They actually become the central focus which stimulates development and social transformation, rather than the sport program itself.
• To build up competences of non-formal adult education practitioners for using Education through sport (ETS) methodology
• To explore ETS methodology in terms of practical examples, promote and improve its use in adult education all around Europe
• To share best practices of using sport in adult education
• To develop relevant innovative outputs referring to the ETS Methodology and enrich the range of already existing ones
• To enable the participants of the project, to act as multipliers of ETS approach within their local communities and thus foster its use around Europe and the world
• To create long term cross-sectorial collaboration among diverse entities with the aim of working to support policy reforms in the field of adult education and sport at the local level
1. VR manual created (9 videos);
2. ETS Toolbox – 12 new practical methods/exercises, using sport for educational purposes, out of
the whole project
3. OER on ETS – smartphone app and online platform, gathering the outputs
Mine Vaganti NGO – Italy
Mundus Bulgaria – Bulgaria
Momentum World CIC – United Kingdom